Thursday 11 April 2013

Life Begins at the End of your Comfort Zone


Our trip coming up so soon!! I've gotten most of the things I need:  mosquito net? Check. Vaccines? Check.  Travel Visa? Check.  One thing I haven’t gotten yet, which I am totally ok with: Travel nerves!!
I’ll be honest. I’m not an amazing traveler.  Sure, I've been to some amazing places, I’m pretty good at adapting and I love challenging myself to learn about new places and cultures. And I know having some nerves is healthy, after all, I really do believe that “life begins at the end of your comfort zone”, which SHOULD make you nervous. But it’s the before part I’m awful at! I get WAYYYY too nervous! Somehow my goodbyes to my family always seem like we’re saying goodbye forever (just ask my parents, it’s never a fun time). I always, ALWAYS, get that “I’m forgetting something” panic right before I’m about to leave.  And has anyone else ever had that moment of “it would be so much easier to just stay at home at forget all this”?
For the first time, I haven’t had any of that. For this trip, it’s just pure excitement.  I think the reason is that we all know each other already! Anything that I’m nervous about isn't as nerve-wracking when I know I’ll have 13 other people right there with me.  It makes a huge difference.  So bring on May 3rd, I’m ready!  
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.