Sunday 19 May 2013

Freedom


I’m not going to write about the slave castle, there aren’t really words to describe the abundance of emotions it made present for me, but after our tour of the castle I really found myself evaluating the amount of freedom I have.  Freedom to live where I choose, freedom to surround myself with what and who I choose, freedom to travel where I choose. I found a new layer of appreciation, on top of the layers that have already formed over our few short weeks here in Ghana. I really reflected on what I have seen, learned and been a part of since arriving. The privilege I have had. This trip has taught me so much about respect, cultural differences, communication, and really indulging in the things, events and people that make you happy. There’s no rush, so why hurry? There’s always time to stop and talk, have a drink, listen to someone’s story, listen to the music.  Life is what you make it, from the materials you have in front of you, so why ask for more? Rather make more from what you have.

I am very thankful for the newness I have been exposed to, I am happy for myself that this was a trip and investment that I found a priority and have worked hard to get. After two weeks I feel so much more whole, and I know in my heart that the privileges I have had will follow through beyond my time spent here, and overflow into my future, wherever it takes me.

I am very thankful for the newness I have been exposed to, I am happy for myself that this was a trip and investment that I found a priority and have worked hard to get. After two weeks I feel so much more whole, and I know in my heart that the privileges I have had will follow through beyond my time spent here, and overflow into my future, wherever it takes me.

I am looking forward to our remaining week here in Dagbamete and continuing to learn, perform and explore. 

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.