Monday 13 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day

We made it to the village of Dagbamete easily yesterday. Unfortunately we were not able to get internet at that time,  but we have sorted it out now and so, one day late,  here is our Mother's Day greeting! All the students and myself were certainly thinking of our mothers yesterday, and some of us our children ;)  In honour of Mother's Day I took a photo of some of my favorite mothers and daughters in the village. Below that is a picture of the students on their first day here, all with traditional wraps.
More news later, but for now, from all of us, a belated HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

And I should mention that when I got to breakfast yesterday, there was a beautiful Mother's Day card waiting at my place, made from local leaves and hand sewn! All the students had written messages to me. What an amazing bunch of students. They made me cry with that thoughtful gesture. Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.